Thursday, May 04, 2017

Every Day The World Gets A Little Worse But....

At first glance one might think the wicked are winning this battle of good against evil.  Unfortunately for the wicked, they do not win this fight:

Ps 2:1Why do the nations ragea
and the peoples plot in vain?
2The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
3“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
4He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
5Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”
7I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
8Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
9You shall breakb them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”

All the plotting, all the scheming, all the secret societies, the winks, the nods at evil, they are all destined to be broken with a rod of iron.  Does it sound like the Lord is troubled at this plotting of the wicked, these temporary victories?  Doesn't sound like it to me:

4He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.

He (our God=The Almighty) is laughing at them

So what?  So it seems like this world gets a little more wicked each day.  Each day there is a new headline of Islam making inroads in the west, of Christianity being sidelined, of people giving up and giving in to the wicked around us.  It is important for those of us who are in Christ to remember the end from the beginning.  We win this war.  We will stand in victory with our feet on our enemy's neck:

Rev 3:9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 

Ps 23: 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Heb 10:11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool

Ps 37:34 Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.

Our day is coming, we just have to wait for it.  This is why we were told to be patient and endure, we win this war.

grace and peace